Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Massachusetts

My brother and I are US Citizens. I am an OCI. We would like to provide a no-objection certificate to our mother who lives in Kolkata, INDIA. We would like to provide her with a no-objection certificate so that she can receive our inheritance from our deceased father. The property is the family estate, of which my father would have inherited a fifth (since he had 4 siblings). My brother and I would like my mother to receive my father's inherited share, since he has passed away many years ago. Please advise on the process through which, this document can be accomplished, as per INDIA's laws.

Asked on 6/15/16, 4:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

The best way is to have an attorney in India prepare the document and get it notarized here or if need be you might have to go to a local counsel's office for India to have it notarized or certified.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/16, 4:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Massachusetts