Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Michigan


I received a notice from Chase stating my credit card payment was going from 2% of bal. to 5% my payment is going from 186.00 to 476.00 a month I draw $715.00 a month from s/s and cannot pay $476.00 a month. I spoke to a service person and was told the payment would be 5% no matter what. My house is paid for and I don't own any thing else I am 64 years old and have never been late on my payments. What are my options ????

Asked on 6/24/09, 10:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lesley Hoenig Lesley A. Hoenig, Attorney at Law

Re: Bankruptcy

Your options depend on the value of your home. With a paid in full house, there is a limit to how much of it you can protect in a bankruptcy. Without more facts it is really hard to tell you what your options are and I'd recommend you have a consultation with a consumer law/bankruptcy attorney to get a better idea of what you can do in your situation.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/09, 11:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Michigan