Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Michigan

can a parent legally take away a minors phone if it was given to them as a gift and is paid by someone other than the minors parents?

Asked on 8/28/09, 9:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Yenniffer Delgado Heidari & Plank LLC

Yes, they can. An unemancipated minor is under the custody and control of his or her parents. The parents are also entitled to the minor's services and earnings.

Read more
Answered on 9/04/09, 12:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Michigan