Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Michigan

Wage garnishment

My brother and I co-signed a car loan, he did not pay and had the car repossed and I then decided to stop that by getting a second mortgage loan and pay off the car loan. He now owes $13,000.00 to me for the vehicle and isn't paying me the way we agreed that he would. I want to get his wages garnished to get the mortgage paid off ASAP is this possible?

Asked on 3/06/06, 9:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rochelle Guznack Law Offices of Rochelle E. Guznack, PLLC

Re: Wage garnishment

In order to garnish wages, you must first sue and get a judgment.

Read more
Answered on 3/06/06, 11:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Michigan