Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

Michigan: many years ago kidnapped/sexual abuse. I was 13

trial and jury, he was found not guilty officer's, club member's his friends.

Thought I was pregnant so had his 17 year old step son say he was the one.

Never brought up in court.

I supposedly failed a lie detector test.

he moved , 10 years later was caught sexually abusing another little girl by his step son

his step son took the gun off the wall and bashed in his step dad's head killing him

step son went to prison, hung himself.

where it seems like ok all done.... well, no! , failed marriages, basically ruined my self esteem friendships, ect.. so on I am now 51 have I forgiven him and gotten past it, yes with medicine prayers therapy.

Is there nothing for the victim that had to keep living? I was a virgin. I was called many names and seen as a liar.

It just doesn't seem fair that my life was ruined, he just got killed he died. I had to keep living. Is there any "help" financially or I guess anything. Just on my mind today I guess.

Asked on 8/12/17, 11:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

Unfortunately no. The key is the statute of limitations compounded by probate. You would have needed to sue him within 6 months of turning 18, so that time has passed.

If you did sue and win, he's dead, so you would have a claim against his estate, if any.

I'm sorry for your horrible experience but nothing can be done at this time.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/17, 4:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan