Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

I recently refinanced my house to get my ex-boyfriend off of the mortgage and deed. He had signed a quit claim deed stating that he did not want any money out of the deal. However, my previous mortgage company sent the esgrow check to him and he cashed it. The check had both of our names on it. Is he legally able to take that money when he wrote that he did not want any thing in the refinance?

Asked on 6/19/18, 7:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Kronzek The Kronzek Firm PLC

If he cashed a check made jointly to both of you, you could file a police report.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/18, 7:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan