Legal Question in DUI Law in Michigan

I got my second dui in 2003 in novi mi i meet all requirements for the court and probation i was sentenced to jams for 18 months had no issues went to the impact weekend what do i need to do to get my licence back

Asked on 4/27/17, 6:53 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jared Austin Austin Legal Services, PLC

You need to apply to the Secretary of State for a hearing. You will need a petition, an alcohol and drug assessment, letters of reference, and a 10-panel drug screen. You will need to demonstrate at least six months of sobriety and that you are abstinent and likely to remain abstinent. You will also need to demonstrate how you've been getting around without a license. I strongly recommend you have an attorney represent you that is very familiar with these types of hearings because your chance of success is much greater. If it's not done right and you don't succeed, not only do you have to wait another year before re-applying, but it's more difficult to succeed because now you have to demonstrate the reason you were denied the last time is no longer an issue on top of your standard burden of proof.

Feel free to contact my office for a more indepth consultation and how we can help you get your license back!

Read more
Answered on 4/27/17, 7:00 pm
Charles Kronzek The Kronzek Firm PLC

A driver's license restoration attorney is a good first step for you.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/17, 7:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Michigan