Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

child abuse

My sons step dad called him a son of a

bitch, in front of his mother and she did

nothing about it. Should I call a lawyer?

Asked on 7/07/09, 5:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lesley Hoenig Lesley A. Hoenig, Attorney at Law

Re: child abuse

I don't think this qualifies as child support, but it likely would violate the joint parenting agreement or custody order you have. You might want to think about whether it's worth hiring a lawyer to fight over this.

Read more
Answered on 7/07/09, 5:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan