Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

Past Due Foregiveness

I owe $100,000 in arrearages. My daughter is now 22 years old. I am the non-custodial parent. I moved to Florida for work because I lost my home in Michigan to foreclosure, but I still make my payments. I'm a few payments behind and the mother is now threatening to have me arrested. I have a non-related dependant living with me. I make $4,000 per month. Is there a chance I can get arrested? Is there a chance that I can be granted a Past Due Foregiveness given that I'll NEVER be able to pay the arrearages in my lifetime?

Asked on 7/06/09, 6:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Re: Past Due Foregiveness

1. No without an order of contempt.

2. Not without consent.

Read more
Answered on 7/06/09, 8:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan