Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

I was Divorced in 2002 in Michigan. How can I go about changing or ammending part of my terms of divorce. Just fund out this tax season that my ex has been scaming me out of money when it comes to claiming my youngest child. I need to have it changed.

Thank you

Asked on 1/29/10, 4:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stuart Collis Collis, Griffor & Hendra, PC

Only custody, support (child and spousal (if not barred at entry of judgment)) and parenting time can be modified after the entry of a divorce. If your ex is doing something that is prohibited by the judgment, you can either report him to the IRS or show cause him in the court where you got divorced.

Read more
Answered on 2/07/10, 6:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan