Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

My fiance is Guatemalan and currently lives in Guatemala. She has a 2 year old child with a Guatemalan man but they were never married. He pays no support. Only sees the child once every 3 months. He does nothing for the child. ANd she is afraid of him because he was abusive to her. We want to get married and have her come the United States. But she says the father will not let her take her child. Because she needs his permission to take the child. ANy advice?

Asked on 2/08/18, 9:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

The advice is for her to speak to an attorney in Guatemala and get a court order there.

Read more
Answered on 2/08/18, 9:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan