Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

I sent this on January 19th and was told it would take 5 days for an answer. Is this service for real or do you just want to charge people for the service? See below:

Question: My question is a divorce question. If you are suppose to quick claim deed the house to the other party and you forget then you find out your ex is losing the home due to foreclosure is there anything you can do to protect yourself. Also I should mention the other party had 2 years in which to put the home in their own name and the two years will not be up until this August. The home has not been put in their name.

Cost: Free Michigan | 48049 | Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption

AnswerWaiting for attorney response

Asked on 1/26/10, 7:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

Sometimes we are too busy for answering questions, so thank you for your patience. Your post divorce issues are handled by your judge. If you are both on the mortgage, there us no deed that will fix that. The bank doesn't care about your divorce or any order as to who is responsible. If you can refinance it yourself and take over the payments, that will resolve the foreclosure and then you would have a claim against the ex.

In any event, you will need to file a motion for the foc or judge to decide who is in default of the judgment. Good luck. Tim Klisz

Read more
Answered on 1/31/10, 9:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan