Legal Question in Immigration Law in Michigan

visiting the united states from canada

i am a resident of canada visiting the michigan. how long may i stay with out returning to canada and how long do i have to wait befroe i can visit again. I have a Canadian birth certificate and canadian drivers license.

Asked on 3/20/07, 7:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian Casterline Law Office of Brian C. Casterline

Re: visiting the united states from canada

It depends. Subjects of Canada are not requried to have visas to enter the US, although they must enter through a port-of-entry and be inspected. A visa is not required if your only purpose is to visit. A visa is persmision to enter for a specified purpose for a specifeid time. If you are entering the US to work then you must have a visa. If you are entering for any other reason you must have a visa.

Read more
Answered on 3/21/07, 5:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Michigan