Legal Question in Personal Injury in Michigan

While in our custody our 5 year old grandson fell at a local putt putt golf place and hit a brick. This resulted in a trip to a med center which they then sent him to the hospital because it was a head injury. This ended with a 1500.00 hospital bill. The putt putt establishment claims their insurance does not cover this. Do we have any recourse? I know I have coverage if someone is injured on my property but what is the case on a public ground. By the amount of the hospital bill you can see this was not just a minor cut.

Asked on 3/14/13, 10:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Stern William Stern, P.C.

While they may have medical coverage, they may not. You do not have any recourse if the facility was not negligent. Simply because your son was hurt on their property is not a sufficient reason to collect the medical bill. It must be the fault of the putt-putt facility.

Read more
Answered on 3/14/13, 11:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Michigan