Legal Question in Personal Injury in Michigan

I recently got hurt while at work I'm being treated by a doctor and not sure the outcome yet! I understand workmans comp. will cover my question is this about how I got hurt I was hauling gravel out of another companies pit and fell through the scale house floor it was very rotten and dangerous! Do I have a case against the other company even tho workmans comp is covering??

Asked on 8/08/13, 6:38 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

William Stern William Stern, P.C.

You can bring a claim against the other company. The exclusive remedy provision of the workers' compensation act means that you cannot sue your own company for anything but workers' comp. Th claim against the other company actually benefits your comp carrier who gets part of their money back from the case against the other company. Contact an experienced lawyer who specializes in this type of case. My web site is www.sternlawfirmcom.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/13, 3:33 am
Brian Benner Benner and Foran

You may bring a claim against the company you do not work for that allowed the scale house floor to rot to the extent that you fell through. There may be additional defendants other than your employer to pursue in this matter. I would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have regarding this matter. You can reach me at 248-737-5544 Very truly yours, Brian J.Benner

Read more
Answered on 8/09/13, 8:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Michigan