Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Michigan

My father passed away, and my sister is the only one with access to the will. My sister is one who cannot be trusted. Is there a way to freeze all assets of the estate until the will is filed, to avoid the sister from liquidating the estate to avoid sharing with the other 2 sisters. We are in Michigan.

Asked on 10/02/17, 9:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Don Rosenberg Barron, Rosenberg, Mayoras & Mayoras, P. C.

My name is Don Rosenberg myself and my firm specialize in probate. You need to retain an attorney to protect your interests. You can also file a petition for probate administration prior to your sister. If you are appointed first or brings this to court first you may be able to control the process.

You can contact me from our web site


Recognized by National Association of Distinguished Counsel – Nation’s Top One Percent

Recognized by New York Times – Top Attorneys in Michigan

Rated by Super Lawyers – State of Michigan (2009-2015)

Named Five Star Wealth Manager – Estate Planning by Hour Detroit and dbusiness (2009-2016)

Former Chair of the Elderlaw and Disability Rights Section of the State Bar of Michigan

Former Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Alzheimer’s Association – Greater Michigan Chapter (having served 6 years)

Accredited by the U.S. Department of Veterans

Read more
Answered on 10/02/17, 5:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Michigan