Legal Question in Consumer Law in Minnesota

Educational Institution Misrepresentation/Fraud

I attended a private college for 2yrs.with the intent of transfering with a to a well known school.This was known to the advisor when I registered.The person said that this would not be a problem. Rumors started to go around about 3/4s'of the way through that there was not a school in the state the was accepting the credits. After researching this myself and 38,000.00 in debt, my worst fear was confirmed. I am looking for an attorney to take my case and may have paper work to prove the fraud/misrepresetaion of the college. I am a mother of 4 and work full-time in a large hospital in the chemistry and immunology dept. I had already had an associates of applied science degree and was looking to further my career. I would like the school to reimburse the government loans as well as the grant money that was given to me as well as my time and costs. The work and 137 credits that I earned are useless and will be of NO use to me in the future. Someone please help me!

Asked on 11/11/06, 7:59 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

H.M. Torrey The Law Offices of H.M. Torrey

Re: Educational Institution Misrepresentation/Fraud

We regret to hear the unfortunate circumstances that you were unjustly made to endure. We may be able to offer you prompt, affordable legal assistance in this unfortunate and costly matter once we get more detailed facts from you over the phone. For a free phone consultation, contact us ASAP on Monday morning.

Read more
Answered on 11/12/06, 1:28 am
David Anderson Anderson Business Law LLC

Re: Educational Institution Misrepresentation/Fraud

You certainly should pursue a review of the documentation and representations with an attorney in your state to be sure you have evaluated all possible legal action against the institution.I am located in Eden Prairie and have 25 years of litigation and contract law experience. We would first investigate all claims and documentation and also research the institution's history of complaints with the Better Business Bureau and MNAttorney General's office.

Read more
Answered on 11/12/06, 7:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Minnesota