Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Minnesota

A couple years ago my fiancÚ let me fix her financial mess. She had credit card debt, multiple loans. I calculated she could save over 3,000$ in interest by paying it off. My intention was to pay her debt and instead of paying credit companies she would make interest free payments to me. I paid her debt without her knowledge. Shortly after paying her debt she stopped allowing me to manage her finances and refuses to pay me back. Is there anything I can do legally to get my money back?

Asked on 4/27/13, 5:42 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. It would be inappropriate of me to state a 'yes'/'no' answer. I would need to confer with you to question you on the facts of the matter in greater detail. I urge you seek private attorney counsel with no delay. Most matters in law are subject to firm time deadlines known as 'statutes of limitation'. All the best.

Read more
Answered on 4/28/13, 4:05 am

David Hellmuth Hellmuth & Johnson, PLLC

If you had an agreement, you can sue her to collect your money.

Read more
Answered on 4/28/13, 8:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Minnesota