Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

I am an 18 year old senior in high school, no criminal record. The police raided my moms house based on text messages from a girl who said she would send me naked photos if I got her an ounce of marijuana, I said I could find someone but I didn't have any. It was stupid but I wanted the pictures. They found nothing in their search but paraphernalia because I don't sell drugs! The cops are threatening to charge me with felony intent to sell if I don't help them set up three people. Can they do this?

Asked on 5/07/13, 7:21 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

First, drug task force members will always try to take a person suspected of an offense and use them to make controlled buys. THey may tell you anything to get you to cooperate and, they have no obligation to tell you the truth. Chances are, if they can charge, you, you will be charged even after you cooperate. Generally, you would be wise to make no statements. Exercise your right to remain silent and hire counsel to defend on any charges.

Second, it seems very unlikely you could be charge with anything other than a possession of paraphernalia. If you are charged with a greater offense, it would appear you have strong defenses.

For a consultation call 612-240-8005

Read more
Answered on 5/08/13, 6:21 am

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. I urge you to have private attorney help immediately, because this entire matter is quite serious and you will undoubtedly benefit greatly from attorney assistance. You are in need of detailed legal counsel and legal advice right now, immediately, today. If finances are an issue, some attorneys, myself included, can provide a reduced fee for need. You may phone me seven days until 8 p.m. daily. Tricia Dwyer, Esq. at 612-296-9666. All the best.

Read more
Answered on 5/08/13, 6:40 am
Nathan Hansen Nathan M. Hansen, Attorney at Law

These other attorneys are correct.

Nathan Hansen


Read more
Answered on 5/08/13, 7:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota