Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

My ex let me use her debit card and after we broke up she wanted to get back together with me so she messaged me saying she would go to the police for debit fraud unless I go and see her. I received a letter from the court saying I'm being charged for fraud do I have enough evidence if I show them the messages of her saying it was fine if I used the card and can she be charged for falsely accusing me? I live in MN

Asked on 4/26/17, 4:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Samuel Edmunds Sieben Edmunds Miller PLLC

Wow, if you have messages from her giving you permission to use the card, that could be an amazing defense. You'll need a lawyer to effectively present your defense in court though. You'll likely need to take your case through an actual trial if you want the charges completely dismissed. Trials are difficult and complicated. The possibility of her being charged with filing a false police report can be considered after we beat the charges against you. Start by consulting with an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Feel free to call me to discuss. 651-994-6744.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/17, 2:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota