Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

I was pulled over with 1.4 grams of weed. I payed the ticket and now on my record it says sold/possessed controlled substance.I never sold anything , can they put that on my record?

Asked on 5/28/13, 4:10 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. When it states 'sold/possessed' in the context of your issue, it means 'either - or'. I suggest you view the applicable Minnesota statute itself which likely is Minn. Stat. 152.07. Should you need an attorney otherwise: Some attorneys, myself included, are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys, myself included, will provide a reduced fee for need. All the best.

Read more
Answered on 5/28/13, 5:21 am

Thomas C. Gallagher Gallagher Criminal Defense Services

You should be able to file a motion with the court to re-open the ticket, and get a court date. From there you and your lawyer can fight it, to get it off your record. Having a public record is very expensive. In comparison, even the best criminal lawyer is an inexpensive investment in your future.

Read more
Answered on 5/28/13, 6:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota