Legal Question in Elder Law in Minnesota

If my parents gift me their land to build a house on, and they end up in a nursing home within the next couple of years, how do I avoid having the nursing home putting a lien against my house?

Asked on 6/16/13, 6:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. Your parents should have an attorney assist them. The sort of attorney who would be able to help is an estate planning or elder law attorney. If you live in a somewhat rural area, know that any Minnesota licensed attorney may help you and some attorneys commonly make arrangements to help those in remote areas of the state. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best. Tricia Dwyer, Esq., Estate Planning Law, Elder Law

Read more
Answered on 6/17/13, 4:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Minnesota