Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

I have a daughter that lives in New York and I now live in Minnesota. I've been here almost 2 years now and the mother of my child lets her visit me here in Minnesota for the summer. I just found out that she tried commiting suicide last summer, and I don't feel my daughter is safe with her. The mother has no job and 3 other children as well. If my daughter comes her this summer of 2010, can I keep her here with me? I feel she would be safer here with me. I also have full custody of another child but from a different mother.

Asked on 3/29/10, 6:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

The answer depends on a myriad of things. First, if there was no marriage, there must be a determination of paternity. If custody was decided, any motion must be filed in the state that issued the custody order. For a consultation call 612.240.8005 or visit

Read more
Answered on 4/05/10, 10:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota