Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

My wife of 17 years left me. Before she left, she stop paying bills and I was stuck with 4k worth of bills. There was no abuse (substance or physical) of any kind in our relationship. I was not a cheater. Whe she wanted to leave I asked for consuling and she did not want to go to consuling. She told the kids I cheated on her and they stopped talking to me. Then She left, but did not file for divorce. Later she told me she was in love and having a sexual relationship with an old boyfriend. Besides divorce, can I sue them.

Asked on 11/24/14, 7:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

No, you cannot sue the boyfriend or your spouse. You may file for divorce or legal separation and seek to resolve the issues or property division and debt.

Read more
Answered on 11/26/14, 6:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota