Legal Question in Investment Law in Minnesota

My sons' 401k / IRA money was stolen by someone from his Vanguard account when he was away for a while. Someone forge his signature and took several small increments until it was gone. Vanguard say's they can do nothing about it. Can we sue Vanguard?

Asked on 6/19/13, 10:22 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Daniel Bakondi The Law Office of Daniel Bakondi

It may be subject to finra arbitration. How much did he lose?


Daniel Bakondi, Esq.

[email protected]


The Law Office of Daniel Bakondi

870 Market Street, Suite 1157

San Francisco CA 94102

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication may contain confidential information, privileged information, or attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient or received this message in error, any use or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited and unlawful. Please notify the sender immediately, and delete this message. No attorney-client nor confidential relationship is created through this communication. Nothing communicated or provided constitutes legal advice nor a legal opinion unless it so specifies and written agreement for attorney services has been entered into. Your issue may be time sensitive and may result in loss of rights if you do not act in time. Thank you.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/13, 10:34 am
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. This website provides general information, not legal advice. Your son should contact a private attorney who will advise him on his possible paths of action. Your son should not delay in seeking legal counsel. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/13, 11:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Investment Law questions and answers in Minnesota