Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Minnesota

I entered into a contract for deed that was never filed with the county. I have been paying taxes,interest,mortgage (rent) payments for four years without my name being registered with the county. I have also paid the sellers over $7000 in down payment money. However, circumstances in my life have changes and I want to relocate. Can I give the sellers a 60 day notice of Intent to cancel the contract?

Asked on 8/23/15, 2:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Morgan Kavanaugh Wilkerson & Hegna, PLLP

You should have a real estate attorney review the terms of the contract for deed. The contract does not necessarily have to be filed with the county. Also, if you cancel the contract, you may lose any equity you might have in the property.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/15, 7:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Minnesota