Legal Question in Workers Comp in Minnesota

ankle injury/workmans comp

I was injured on 7-10-07 the doctors said i had torn ligaments in my ankle. i had several mri's and they said that there was nothing more they could do and i would have to live with the pain. i was finally sent to a specialist and they did surgury and found a bonespur in the ankle. now after about 2 years i'm still having problems with pain and having trouble walking. is there anything i can do? can i sue for pain and suffering or anything else. i have been seen for depression and had to file bankrupsey. need help. thank you.

Asked on 3/03/09, 10:58 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jerry Sisk The Law Office of Thomas Mottaz

Re: ankle injury/workmans comp

You would have a claim for workers' compensation benefits if the bone spurs can be causally related to the injury. You would also be able to bring a claim for a consequential injury in the form of depression against the employer and insurer.

Take a look at the article I wrote on benefits available to injured workers.

If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to call at 651.785.7735. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/03/09, 1:14 pm
Donald Kohler Donald W. Kohler, Attorney at Law

Re: ankle injury/workmans comp

Contact an attorney. You can't recover anything for pain and suffering, but if your doctors will say that your work was a substantial contributing factor in causing your injuries (bone spur, etc.) you have a claim for WC benefits.

Read more
Answered on 3/03/09, 5:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Minnesota