Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Mississippi

I moved into a place in july and my security deposit did not go through nsf bur i was going to give them the money but had an emergency to come up and haf to leave before getting the money and could not get thwm on phone did not have number nor my phone so had someone go and see if they could catch them there at house and they couldn't so on today they went by there and found that the locks has been changed. Can they do that legslly

Asked on 8/04/13, 1:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski

Probably not. Since you took possession of the property, the landlord would most likely have to get a judgment of eviction against you to make you leave. Changing the locks may be wrongful eviction.

Read more
Answered on 8/04/13, 2:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Mississippi