Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Mississippi

I was given permission to live in a moble home located on my parents property, after they had built there home,over 24years ago. I did all repairs and upkeep on the property. My mom has since passed away and my dad is uffering from old age senility.. By rights of "Adverse Possession" aim I entiled to the ownership of this mobile home?

Asked on 11/01/13, 12:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joel Blackledge Blackledge Law Firm, PA

No. Adverse possession requires the possession to be adverse and hostile to the owner's rights. As your possession was by permission, you cannot obtain title by adverse possession.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/13, 5:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Mississippi