Legal Question in Traffic Law in Mississippi

I received two tickets for speeding in Mississippi three years ago. I've finally gotten the money to pay those tickets, but when I called the courts they did not have my tickets on file. So, they sent me to the sheriffs office and the highway patrol, but they also didn't have my tickets on file. Mississippi has a hold on my license for these unpaid tickets, but they don't have the tickets on file so that I can pay them. Is there some legal action that I have to take to get these tickets paid?

Asked on 5/04/13, 9:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski

If you were found guilty of the moving violation, contact the justice court that entered judgment and pay the fine. Otherwise, you could file a complaint in justice court demanding the hold on your license be removed.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/13, 12:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Mississippi