Legal Question in Veterans Law in Mississippi

my husband of 17 years moved out of my house almost 2 years ago , has not paid me a dime since. He is to receive alot of money ftom the VA. for back pay. I would like to divorce him but never have the money. Am I Entitled to any of the money..

Asked on 6/25/16, 10:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jill Mitchell-Thein Heard & Smith, LLP

If his VA rating is 30% or higher, you should go to the VA and file a request for apportionment. You are not entitled to any of his disability compensation, but you are entitled to a small monthly portion that they include in his benefit payment for dependents, but only IF he is rated at 30% or more. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 6/27/16, 8:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Veterans Law questions and answers in Mississippi