Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Missouri

I was charged w theft by deception shortly after I filed chapter13 bankruptcy the prosecutor said the charges would be dropped if I made restitution however I have been informed if I do I will violate federal bankruptcy law is there any options for me to make restitution without violating bankruptcy?

Asked on 1/16/14, 2:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

You need to have the atoorney handling your bankruptcy make sure that the agrieved party is lusted as a creditor. Then send a copy your filing to the orosecutor. They are barred from trying to collect from you, even through threat of prosecution .

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 1/19/14, 7:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Missouri