Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

I was arrested 6 months ago for theft at work, but the charges were dropped. The charges just came back up, so im guessing the state picked it up. But since then I've gotten a new job, applied for college, volunteering, and saving for a car. Im 18 and that one encounter with the law scared me straight. I have really done a 360 since my mistake. If i show the judge how im doing and i have bettered myself will you think theyll go easy? how should i show the judge this?

Asked on 4/25/12, 9:58 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sean Santoro Santoro Law Office

Do not plead guilty and contact an attorney. Without knowing more facts it is impossible to know if you have valid defenses or if it is in your best interest to enter a plea.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/12, 9:07 am

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

The above answer is correct. If you do not already have an attorney, you should consult with and hire one to represent you. The attorney will obtain discovery and review with you all of the evidence that the prosecution intends to use against you. If it is determined that you could be convicted on that evidence, then the attorney may negotiate a plea bargain that will avoid you taking a conviction for this offense. The attorney's fees will depend upon what exactly you are charged with and how much work will be involved in representing you. If you are in the Eastern part of the state, I might be able to offer my services to you for a reasonable fee. Please feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/12, 8:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri