Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

Child visitation & custody

I need to know at which age can the children decide not to go with non-custodial parent for visitation and at what age can they decide to live with non-custodial parent?

Asked on 6/17/09, 4:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: Child visitation & custody

It is not up to the children. The non-custodial parent has RIGHTS to time with the children as Ordered by the Court. If the parents decide to change the residence of the children (and who they live with), then the non-custodial parent who is to take the children should file a Motion to Modify to obtain an appropriate court order.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/09, 12:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri