Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

i have a friend who is divorced. The original papers gave him and his wife joint physical and legal custody with her address being primary. He had visitation every other weekend and a few holidays and some summer weeks. In feb his ex sent the kid to live with me, my fiance, and his dad. She sent everything of his over to our house and has not seen the kid since(nor provided support). Now his dad wants to homeschool the kid because he needs the one on one for school success. Can the mom stop him even though the dad and us are taking care of the kid

Asked on 9/08/13, 9:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Your friend needs to petition for a modification of the custody and support Order. Technically, he may still owe her support, even though he has the kid. Until then, she can demand support, Anne possibly block the home schooling.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 9/10/13, 8:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri