Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

My ex wants to move out of state to Kansas and take our two children I have rejected her new parenting plan within 30 day window but she hasn't responded to mine. What can I do to file my parenting plan with the courts to make it solid? we are in Missouri

Asked on 5/13/13, 10:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jennifer Rench J. Rench Law Firm, LLC | St. Louis Divorce and Mediation

Were you and your ex married? If so, do you have a parenting plan that was part of your divorce judgment? Who is the residential parent? What were the custody terms? In Missouri, Statute 452.377 controls when custody was ordered as a result of a divorce. If your ex didn't follow those procedures, then you should file your objections with the court, and you could file a new proposed parenting plan along with your objections, and seek a temporary restraining order restraining her to move with the children until this issue is resolved. If you need assistance in your case please feel free to contact me directly. Best of luck!

Read more
Answered on 5/23/13, 8:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri