Legal Question in Immigration Law in Missouri

Hello, I'm getting married soon, and I'm filling the forms I-130, I-485 and I765 (Employment Authorization), my questions are:

1) Besides bills, and pictures what other proves should we send?

2) These forms mus be sent separated in different envelopes, and all these envelopes in one big envelope. The thing is, should they be stapled? smae with the proves should I staple them or leave every sheet of paper separated.

3) While fillin the I-130 and I-485 do I have to pay for the I-765 or is it included in the I-485 cost?

Thank you so much

Asked on 9/12/13, 2:50 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rebecca White Law Office of Rebecca White

You may want to have an attorney review your application prior to filing to be sure you have everything correctly put together. You will want to have evidence of a shared life together, which may included shared bank accounts, shared insurance, shared lease or mortgage, proof of travel together, and photos with friends and family. You will file all the applications together in one packet. The forms you will want to staple together. And the first I-765 filing fee will be included in the cost of filing for the I-485.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/13, 4:19 pm

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

You can find more information at the USCIS website at You can look under the "forms" link & then review the instructions for the I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-864. You can also search "family based greencard" or other related searches on the USCIS website.

Send all forms, documents & filing fees in one envelope. You can staple or clip the package together. If anything is missing, USCIS will send you written notification.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/13, 7:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Missouri