Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

getting hurt on ctiy property

If you get hurt on a city sidewalk, where you fall in a broken sewer grate. Is the city responsible for this

Asked on 7/11/08, 12:41 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Spencer Farris The S.E. Farris Law Firm

Re: getting hurt on ctiy property

The city may be liable for their share of fault. HOWEVER, depending on the size of the city, you have an obligation to report the incident to the city within the statutory time limits or your claim will be forever barred. These limits are short- contact a skilled trial attorney immediately.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/08, 3:58 pm

James Manning James Manning, PC

Re: getting hurt on ctiy property

I would have to know more facts in order to properly evaluate your claim. In certain situations, a municipality may be liable for a personal injury sustained due to the municipality's negligence or failure to keep premises in a reasonably safe condition. Most city's have a staff to handle claims such as this. It is usually a good idea to consult with an attorney to help you navigate through the claims process. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance to you.

- James

Please be advised that no attorney client relationship exists between us unless and until I have agreed to represent you in writing. The choice of an attorney is an important choice and should not be based solely upon advertisement.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/08, 12:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri