Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Missouri

neighbors sewage onto my property

My neighbor lives on a hill above my property. His septic tank has collapsed abt a yr ago. There is visible water/sewage running down the hill towards my property line. The smell gets really bad that sometimes we can not even stand to sit on our deck. He just dug trench and pipe which runs it closer to my property line. He also moved a trailer onto the property for his g-mother and ran all waste water from that home down the hill as well. I am worried with misquito season soon to arrive of the health hazards. Do I have any legal recourse against him?

Asked on 4/07/07, 4:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Greg Kessler Frankel,Rubin,Bond and Dubin, P.C.

Re: neighbors sewage onto my property

Natural runoff is not actionable, but when a property owner directs or accelerates the flow you can sue. contact me to discuss.

[email protected]

Greg S. Kessler

Read more
Answered on 4/07/07, 6:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Missouri