Legal Question in Construction Law in Nebraska

I hired a plumber to install a walk-in shower. He has damaged tiles outside the area of work, which he doesn't want to pay for the repairs. Wall surrounds and base has been installed. Installation of the sliding doors was contracted out. The doors arrived and the installer said he could not install the doors as the end walls both were bowed and the frames would not fit. He also said this was the worst shower installation he has ever seen. He stopped to see the plumber and advised that the doors could not be installed. The plumber said he would take care of. This took place early yesterday morning. The plumber has not called or come by to make any arrangement to correct this situation. I gave the plumber half of the cost when the contract was signed, which was 12 weeks ago. Legally can I request a refund of money already paid. Thank you for your advise.

Asked on 2/05/16, 8:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jim Edgar Jim Edgar

You can certainly ask for a refund. More importantly, do not make any additional payments to the contractor until the work has been made workmanlike.

Read more
Answered on 2/06/16, 8:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in Nebraska