Legal Question in Consumer Law in Nebraska

They say I didn't pay

one year ago I scheduled lasik surgery for my son. The Tru-vision program requires payment in advance. I provided them with my credit card information for payment. Now they say I did not pay! I didn't keep my credit card statements so I have no receipt. Can they charge me for this service now?

Asked on 2/08/08, 5:00 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Re: They say I didn't pay

The creditor can charge you for any service for which you agreed to pay and received, and did not pay for. It is well within the statute of limitations (meaning, a year is not too long to wait for creditor to pursue this.)

Your credit card company can give you a copy of the relevant statement.

Read more
Answered on 2/08/08, 5:15 pm
Duke Drouillard Drouillard Law, LLC

Re: They say I didn't pay

Yes, they can. Check with your credit card company to order a copy of that receipt. If the credit card company did accept the charge and Tru-vision was paid; then send them a copy of the receipt provided by your credit card company. Your credit card company may charge you to produce a copy of the old receipt.

Read more
Answered on 2/08/08, 5:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Nebraska