Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Nebraska

family death property father passed away a month ago in nebraska..i live in new york..i am his son..i believe he left a little money and a few items for us but i hear his brother is getting a lawyer to become executive of estate or some thing like that so he can cash the can i find out what he left and where i claim it?

Asked on 4/04/09, 10:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.

Re: family death property

Contact the Surrogate in the County where Dad resided when he passed, to see what type of probate proceedings have been started. The Surrogate will let you know what has been done and who has been appointed and contact information. Then contat the Executor to learn about the estate, what you are entitled to and how to get it.

Read more
Answered on 4/05/09, 12:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Nebraska