Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

Child Support

Can a married woman seek Child Support payments for a child that was conceived due to an ''Extra-Marital'' affair.

Asked on 11/05/08, 4:39 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Jeffrey Cogan Jeffrey A. Cogan, Esq., Ltd.

Re: Child Support

Yes. The only issue is that you will have to prove paternity through DNA because your husband is legally presumed to be the father of the child.

Read more
Answered on 11/05/08, 5:39 pm

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.

Re: Child Support

Of course. Child support is not based on marital status or morality.

Read more
Answered on 11/05/08, 7:13 pm
Joseph Scalia Joseph A. Scalia & Associates

Re: Child Support

She can "seek" all she wants- but if you have an experienced attorney- she will lose- you will pay nothing for child support.

Read more
Answered on 11/05/08, 11:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada