Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

I live in Reno Nevada and was divorced in CA in 2008. Both child support and alimony were ordered by the judge however it was not all paid. The ex medically retired from his state job and half of his retirement as ordered started coming to me as he also owed me that as part of the divorce. They would not enforce more than 1 order at a time (CA) but the retirement order ends next month. I would like to now get the back child support order in place but am unsure how exactly I can do that. Thank you.

Asked on 9/15/19, 11:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marshal Willick Willick Law Group

It is unclear why "the retirement order ends next month." And what you are talking about, I think, is an "indemnification QDRO" for the back support. It IS usually possible to have more than one order in place at a time. On all of these points, you should speak with the pension experts at our QDRO Masters division (702-438-4100); they will go over the points one at a time and tell you what precisely we could do to enforce the court orders.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/19, 9:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada