Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

Married, not separated or have filled for divorce.

How should I handle the following? Without leaving my home.

Las Vegas, NV

Stress at home is that x 100. My spouse wants her boyfriend to move in. 5 years ago I moved out of a different house than the current house we have been living in together for the past 3 years. She then file 14 - 18 police reports from B&E to battery, also that I called and threatened her. She lied to get a re-straining order. Then filed false reports and I ended up placed in D.OC. For 60 days. Not 1 time after I moved out did I contact her directly or by third party? She had moved in a boyfriend that beat her causing multiple days in the hospital for her. She reported I did it & was arrested for D.V. battery. Yes I moved back in after my stay. Again she wants me to leave our house and is threatening to call police and state I threatened to take her life. 2 days ago she threw a chair against the wall and fell on the floor screaming that I knocked her down.

She has taken the stand now that if she yells and I mean loud at me at least for 14 hours a day for the past 30 that I will leave. Anyone that she talks to when not yearling at me she tells them stories that is in now way true. Ill be working on my computer and hear her on the phone saying I smashed every Light, TVs., ect in the house. I have never lost my temper and for that matter done any damage to our property. Nothing in the house is broken. NEVER have I laid a hand on her. I do not have a record. The D.A. dropped every charge last time over my objection. What can I do to stop her from making false reports to the police that she threats me with everyday? Even threatened me via text 2 days ago.

Asked on 1/05/13, 7:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marshal Willick Willick Law Group

Well, the most immediate self-defense move you can make is to buy a sound-activated recorder and just keep it in your pocket at all times; if any such further fake "injury" is attempted, at least you will have some evidence as to what actually happened (obviously, do not reveal that you are taping). You may also want to photograph/video the actual condition of the place, with a newspaper or other indicator of date, in case she falsely makes asserts that everything is broken.

In the bigger picture, is this a relationship in which you wish to remain? If not, consult with a qualified family law specialist, and move to a life free of such aggravations. See Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/06/13, 12:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada