Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

My original case was filed in Clark County NV, I have primary physical custody and have been living in Churchill County NV. My ex husband just moved back to LV and filed for a modification to the stipulation which I dont mind but, that means I have to travel to LV can I change the location to Churchill county even thought its the same state? In addition I cant be in court on the date set forth I will be under military orders in another state for training. Can I change the court date and if so how?

Asked on 9/12/13, 7:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marshal Willick Willick Law Group

The concept is "venue." An explanation of what you can do -- and how much time you have to do it -- is explained in the "Jurisdiction and venue" chapter of the Nevada Family Practice manual, which is posted at

If you are not adept at such things, you may find it a lot easier to hire a lawyer well-verwed in jurisdiction and venue matters to file the motion.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/13, 10:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada