Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

wanted to file a motion for contempt against my ex. I was told i have to appear in court. I am in another state. Am i able to have a lawyer attend on my behalf? or will i have to appear?

Asked on 12/06/13, 4:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.

You have to file a motion for an order to show cause why you ex should not be held in contempt first. A lawyer can do this for you. If the Judge then orders a contempt hearing and you're a witness to the contempt then you have to come to Court to testify in person.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/13, 6:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada