Legal Question in Immigration Law in Nevada

Brother in law sponsorship I was wondering if I can take over sponsorship for my brother in law due to his sister deciding she is not going to help any more he has had everything up to his biometrics done

Asked on 1/31/13, 6:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Only a parent, sibling or child over 21 can be the petitioner. If the I-130 has been approved, and if your brother in law is outside the U.S., then I don't see why he cannot proceed with his immigrant visa process at the Consulate. If he is being interviewed in the U.S., then he should still go to the interview. If the case is denied, he could be put in removal, depending on other legal/illegal presence factors. He might want tot speak with an Immigration attorney in his area.

Read more
Answered on 1/31/13, 7:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Nevada