Legal Question in Personal Injury in Nevada

My wife fell in the casino about a year ago due to the presence of water on the floor and had to undergo a knee surgery. In terms of settlement amount for the pain and suffering, is there any general guidelines such as 2x or 3x of the medical bill? Can we still ask for lost wages for the surgery recovery time even if we received some state disability benefit?

Asked on 2/07/12, 12:59 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Otto David Otto & Affiliates, PC

You can ask for whatever the damages are including pain and suffering lost wages etc. If you want to speak to me about your case please google my name and you will find a link to my website, my telephone number and email address. Send me an email and we can speak about the case. Thank you.

Read more
Answered on 2/07/12, 1:03 pm
Eric Blank Law Offices of Eric R. Blank, P.C.

Has the casino accepted liability for this accident? Are there future surgeries projected as a result of the accident? This information is important to know before accurately providing guidelines regarding a demand on the casino. Also, there may be off-sets on the wage recovery depending on the type of benefit received.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or would like to discuss your matter further.



(702) 222-2115

Read more
Answered on 2/07/12, 1:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Nevada