Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Nevada

We purchased a piece of raw land from a party that bought it at a tax sale 13 years ago. we improved it, put a house on it trying to close on it and now we see that the party that lost it in the tax sale transferred it to another of his companies to avoid paying taxes at the same time of the sale. What can we do?

We had one party tell us you can't do a complete title search on raw land only when it turns into real property, we had another party tell us that transferring property in the manner it was done is an act of fraud.

Asked on 1/05/16, 7:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul Malikowski Malikowski Law Offices, Ltd.

You may need to pursue a quiet title lawsuit to the property you purchased, which is recommended in many sales involving tax deed parcels. The County rarely warrants good title in a tax sale. The type of deed used counts for something. One legal ground upon which title is quieted in Nevada is adverse possession. Raw land is real property. Any fraud claim may be time-barred. Your real estate attorney can explain further.

Read more
Answered on 1/05/16, 8:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Nevada